Video showcase of Language learning and social media: 6 key dialogues
Language learning and social media: 6 key dialogues (LS6)
The Language learning and social media (LS6) network represents qualified and resourceful collaboration between 14 partners from eight European countries, and from different fields of expertise. The partnership consists of:
- universities and vocational training centers;
- media companies and publishers;
- social partners.
The project places "language learning and social media" at the core of its activities. It specifically deals with six key dimensions of this relationship:
- Language learning, social media and social inclusion;
- Language learning, social media and development of language resources;
- Language learning and teaching through social media in new EU countries: the case of Romania, Latvia and Poland;
- Language learning, social media and multilingualism;
- Language learning through social media: evolution of teaching practices;
- Language learning and teaching in formal and non formal contexts through ICT.
Two new dimensions to the existing six dimensions have been added:
- Social media and Interculturality in language education;
- Socializing and learning languages in web 2.0 communities.
The LS6 key dialogues are sustained by a network of national and international associate partners in addition to the 14 main partners.
- Website: LS6 on Elearning Europa
- Social Media:
Katerina Zourou, Web2Learn, Greece
Katerina Zourou is Senior Researcher at the University of Trondheim in the field of computer supported collaborative language learning. Her research interests involve the role of computer tools in foreign language education as well as telecollaborative practices online. With two other e-learning experts she has founded the consulting company Web2learn. She is the initiator and project leader of two European Commission-funded projects, the network "Language learning and social media: 6 key dialogues" (2010-2012) and the project "Improving Internet strategies and maximizing social media presence of LLP projects" (2012-2013).
Katerina has recently co-edited (with Françoise Demaizière) the special issue “Social media and language learning (r)evolution?” of the ALSIC journal. She is co-editing, with Marie-Noëlle Lamy, the book “Social Networking for Language Education” (Palgrave Macmillan), expected for Autumn 2013.